Terus Construction Ltd., a leader in the construction industry in British Columbia, the Yukon Territory and part of the Colas Group of Companies, is seeking, due to the growth of our company, for anOccupational Health and Safety Manager. The incumbent will be based at the head office located in Surrey.
Reporting to the President, the candidate will be responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining the company wide safety program. The candidate must be prepared to travel extensively (50% to 60%) throughout British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.
- Oversee the management of the company, operating business and contractors OH&S and Environmental Programs.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of training programs, related policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Regional Safety Supervisors
- Monitor operations for compliance with all applicable health, safety and environment legislation and make recommendations to improve compliance standards
- Advise Management in each operation of continuous improvement in health, safety and environment standards by a combination of leadership and communication
- Conduct worksite visits of jobs sites to ensure workers, supervisors and foremen are following the safety program policies and WCB procedures.
- Produces WCB, Occupational Health & Safety reports as required.
- Manage all WCB requirements and related claims management duties
- Review internal and external safety audits
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork in our safety committee to promote due diligence to all safety, health and environmental issues
- Computer Literate
- Facilitation and public speaking skills
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Team Player
- College Technical Diploma or University Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent experience
- OHSO certification would be a strong asset
- 8 to 10 years experience as a Field Safety Officer paired with at least 5 years of regional/corporate Occupational Health & Safety Manager experience
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in Heavy Construction Industry
We offer a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefit plan and a pension plan. In addition the Company offers many development opportunities through tailored training programs.
We are a socially responsible company (Safety programs, Environmental programs & Community Involvement)
For more information visit our website at: www.terusconstruction.ca.
Please send your resume stating position to the Human Resources department at: email@example.com or by fax at: 604 575-3691
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Posting closing June 20th 2012.
To apply, click here.