- Leads and acts as the central contact for a designated section(s) of emergency management, fire safety and business continuity for Fraser Health Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care (collectively, the “Organizations”);
- oversees the planning, policy development/application, coordination and management of assigned health emergency components of the Organizations including the implementation and evaluation of related physical, financial and human resources for the Lower Mainland Health Emergency Management (LM HEM) portfolio;
- provides strategic leadership and guidance to the Executives, Senior Management, Boards of Directors and staff across the Organizations including provincial, municipal and non-government agencies on health emergency and disaster management, fire safety and business continuity;
- responsible for the vision and ongoing development of the identified LM HEM programs by developing new initiatives and leading the Organizations towards a culture of emergency preparedness through effective communication of the strategic priorities and implementation of consistent policies;
- promotes collaboration and commitment for the day-to-day operations across the Organizations including safety for staff, patients, clients and other visitors to the Organizations; ensures the development of emergency management, fire safety and business continuity plans align with municipal, corporate and provincial plans.
Desired Skills & Experience
Master’s degree in Emergency Management or related discipline plus additional specialized training in Emergency Management, supplemented with ten (10) years’ recent related progressively senior emergency management experience in a large, complex multi-site organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Leading People: acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
- Leading Change: striving for personal mastery; leading with Vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
- Partnering: focusing on customers; engaging stakeholders.
- Achieving Results: conceptualizing, demonstrating accountability.
- Business Acumen: managing resources; possessing health environment and political awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, manage, organize, and problem solve
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate legislation, provincial/national standards and best practices on fire safety, building codes, emergency management and protection of privacy
- Demonstrated experience with financial and administrative functions
- Applies conflict management skills to persuade and negotiate effectively to lead and implement service/organizational change and transition both internally and externally to the Organizations
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and provide work direction to others
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to create and maintain rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada’s finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.