Our client is a major North American stone mining company and they are looking to strengthen their team by adding a Safety Engineer. This position will be working with operations and requires up to 33% of travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regional Safety Engineer will be responsible for:
- Implementing Corporate Initiatives to improve the safety, health and productivity of Employees.
- Training and Certifying Trainers at company’s Business Units on Health and Safety Standards, Safety Best Practices and Safety Procedures.
- Supporting Operating Facilities with MSHA Citation Conferencing.
- Assisting EHS Manager with Safety, Health and Environmental System Audits and Compliance Audits.
- Auditing employee exposures to dust, noise and ergonomic hazards; based on auditing data, assist and train local Plant Managers and Safety Reps to comply with Health Regulations.
- Coaching, training and auditing operations with safety incident investigations.
- Assisting operations to develop a safety management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or related degree.
- Minimum of five years operational experience working with health, safety and training.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, word processing tools and spreadsheets.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Solid interpersonal, presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task; proficient at task prioritization and balancing several competing interests and goals simultaneously.
- Must be innovative, creative, and motivated.
- Frequent travel required, at times upwards of 33%.
Posted by: Adecco