Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires a Senior Health & Safety Advisor with proven experience managing, developing and implementing company-wide strategic health and safety management programs and services. Based in Vancouver, B.C., this position reports to KCB’s Vice President, Technical.
Duties will include:
- Continuous improvement of KCB’s Health & Safety programs worldwide
- Providing guidance to KCB employees on safety policies and procedures
- Mentoring Health & Safety Coordinators in various locations
- Working with Project Managers to define the health & safety details required for proposal submissions
- Supporting and working with Project Managers in preparation and review of KCB or Contractor submissions of specific site/project health & safety plans, safety manuals and guidelines for projects
- Continuous development of an in-house internationally recognized standard Health and Safety program
- Monitoring compliance with our Health and Safety System, our clients’ safety processes as well as provincially legislated safety regulations
- Ensuring that KCB’s health & safety policies and manuals conform with specific location and client regulatory requirements
- Developing, monitoring and reviewing of internal project processes
- Review of safety aspects on job sites, hazard assessments, safety records and incident reports
- Ensuring proper investigation and documentation of near misses, accidents and incidents
- Ensuring incident reports are completed in a timely fashion
- Conducting safety audits, reviews and inspections
- Coordinating/facilitating safety education and training for employees
- Maintaining and reporting safety records
- Tracking training activities/collecting program completion certificates and records for employee files
- Administrative activities as appropriate
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years experience in Health & Safety
- Professional certification or training in Occupational Health and Safety, supplemented by a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation
- Excellent understanding of Provincial OH & S Act and COR Certification
- Exceptional people and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with project management activities
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Experience working in a consulting engineering firm
- Spanish speaking ability a definite asset
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply via our website: www.klohnjobs.com, job number 867-C11.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- November 25, 2011
- Mid-Senior level
- Mining & Metals, Civil Engineering
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID: