Company: Pacific National Exhibition
Job Title: Occupational Health & Safety Officer
The Human Resources department of the Pacific National Exhibition is presently recruiting for the following Human Resources position:
POSITION: Occupational Health & Safety Officer
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time
- Complete scheduled inspections to identify unsafe-safe acts or conditions. Make recommendations that eliminate or reduce risks and increase safety.
- Assist in conducting accident investigations involving employees and guests and make recommendations to prevent similar incidents.
- Collect, input, and analyze injury data to identify trends with respect to rides and attractions, departments, work activities, etc.
- Assist in the completion and follow up of WCB injury claim reports.
- Organize, schedule, and deliver departmental safety awareness training to new Playland and Fairtime employees.
- Manage the Fairtime fire extinguisher program: Tracking, distribution, and collection of over 150 fire extinguishers used in all PNE temporary and portable structures on-site during Fairtime.
- Develop, revise, and update corporate health and safety policies as required.
- Assist PNE departments in identifying and resolving health and safety concerns.
- Liaise with Board officers and Vancouver Fire & Rescue Services personnel.
- Perform other health and safety related activities as required.
- Perform other human resources related activities as required.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), including public speaking skills, to motivate large groups of new staff and to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications including word processing, database management, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons.
- Must be a student of, or completed studies in, Occupational Health and Safety combined or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- WCB of BC Level 2 or 3 Occupational First Aid Certificate is preferred.
- Experience in the tourism/entertainment industry is an asset.
Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website at: www.pne.ca/jobs
Language requirements: English-good
Employment type: Full Time
Experience (year): 3
Job Location: Vancouver – British Columbia
Postal Code: V5K 5J1
Post Date: 2012/03/12
Application Instructions: Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website at: www.pne.ca/jobs